Diversity and the equal opportunity it affords are strategically important. It improves effectiveness in the marketplace. It has been long-standing tradition, as well as our corporate policy, to treat each individual with dignity and respect. This is both a question of equity and of market success. To guarantee this, we will effectively utilize all of our human resource talent and continue to pursue this effort.
Corporate policy is to:
- Comply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations governing employment;
- Provide equal opportunity to all employees and to all applicants for employment;
- Take appropriate affirmative action to make equal opportunity a reality;
- Prohibit discrimination or harassment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, one’s status as a special disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era, or other covered veterans, or because of a person’s sexual orientation, gender identity, characteristics or expression, in any employment decision or in the administration of any personnel policy;
- Make reasonable accommodations to the physical and/or mental limitations of qualified employees or applicants with disabilities;
- Ensure that maximum opportunity is afforded to all minority and women-owned businesses to participate as suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors of goods and services; and comply with regulatory agency requirements and with federal, state, and local procurement regulations and programs;
- Advise employees of their rights to refer violations of this policy to their supervision, or to the appropriate internal organization charged with the administration of the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action policy, without intimidation or retaliation of any form for exercising such rights.
I want to reaffirm the corporate commitment to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local governing bodies and agencies thereof.
I expect all managers to comply fully with all aspects of this policy, and to conduct themselves in accordance with the principles of equal opportunity.
Demonstrated commitment to equal opportunity is an investment in our people and our future growth. Consequently, a company that attracts, selects, develops, and retains the best will remain the industry leader. Our ongoing efforts in this direction will provide us with a critical competitive advantage in the marketplace.